Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quote: The Four Seasons

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. 
~Stanley Horowitz

source
The northern and southern portions of the world have four seasons for countless reasons as does the area around the equator have many reasons to not have four seasons.  Growing up in the northeast, I have always loved the spring and fall but was not always fond of the winter and summer months. As I get older, I have learned to appreciate the beauty of each of the seasons - as if they were separate entities and not related to each other.  Kind of like how you should treat your children :)  Or how Stanley Horowitz describes them as creation of different methods of art.  As I have learned to love the abundance of new life in the spring, the freedom that summer represents, the beauty of the fall and the brisk winds of the winter (yes, I actually miss those winds!), I feel more connected with nature and the movements of the earth.  I'm always sad when season ends for another to begin but such is life.  It makes me appreciate what I've experienced in the past 3 months and anticipate my future.
How do you feel with the end of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT/SUGGESTION BOX