Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Homeward Bound Vacation

I've spent the past 4 days in New Jersey with my family and friends.  While I've been here, I've done some work for my personal business and saw some clients, but all in all, it's been a wonderful escape from "real life."  Heading home is blissful as I get to enjoy mom-cooked food every meal and spend time with my brother in the house we grew up in.  And, for some reason, I almost always fit in a yoga class or two when I'm home. 
Although I didn't travel far nor did I get to do anything exotic, this vacation is always the most nurturing for my soul.  It's actually very grounding as well - bringing me back to my roots.  To me, vacation does not require traveling to an exotic location or spending tons of money on a lavish hotel room. It's about having time to relax and spending time with myself and with family and friends.
Did you miss an opportunity to take a vacation this summer?  Why not invest in some time for yourself?  Take the weekend off from chores or to-do's.  Bring your family or friends to a park and hike for an afternoon or take a whole morning of yoga classes without a worry in the world. There are so many ways we can integrate small vacations into our lives, even when times and money are tight.  What do you think you can do this upcoming weekend to integrate a little vacation into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT/SUGGESTION BOX