Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tip for the Week: Just Dance

Every Sunday I will post a quote, thought, or tip to ease you into Monday and carry you throughout the week.

Happy Father's Day to the dads and granddads and great granddads out there. I hope your family showed you a good time today.

This week's tip is inspired by some of my favorite moments from my weekend classes in New York.  No, they are not the sessions with the admirable guest speakers or meeting new friends (which have both been amazing and inspiring).  Some of my top ranking moments have actually been when me and 1,200 other students danced together.  During times that the class has been low in energy or just touched upon a serious topic, my teacher, Joshua Rosenthal, led my class through dance breaks. The energy of my classmates coupled with the amazing acoustics and lights in the Jazz Center have led to awesome energy boosting, free flowing experiences.  I've adopted this practice on some early mornings when I need an energy boost. I'll go on YouTube, select a song with a good beat, and dance my heart out before heading out for work.

I'd like for you to give it a try this week.  Dance alone like no one's watching or pull in your partner, your children, or maybe your dog or cat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT/SUGGESTION BOX