Saturday, April 10, 2010

What is a Holistic Health Coach?

Holistic Health Coaches are a phenomenon swiftly sweeping across the nation. And it is really being spearheaded by the school that I attend, the Institute of Integrative Nutrition.  It’s the only school in the world that teaches the various dietary theories-modern and traditional (e.g., Atkins, Zone, Ayurveda), the importance of lifestyle choices (Primary Foods, which I will talk about next week) in health and tools to counsel and coach people.

As a Holistic Health Coach, I enroll clients in a 6-month program in which I give them the ability to talk to me about their health problems, life goals and obstacles that are standing in their way and ultimately help them achieve their ideal health and life. I evaluate their diet by looking at what they are eating as well as their lifestyle. I work with them to find what foods and combinations work best for them, not me, you, or their partner, to achieve vitality. Everyone is different and I honor that in my clients. The “holistic” aspect of my practice, which makes me different from other counselors, dietitians, and nutritionists, is that I consider lifestyle a major part of their health issues. I talk to my clients about their careers, relationships, exercise, and spirituality to better understand how these components play a role in their health. Addressing both diet and lifestyle enables my clients to make realistic goals and successful changes to achieve a healthier, happier life. 

Contact me today if you’d like a free one-hour consultation and to understand how this holistic approach can better your health and ultimately, your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT/SUGGESTION BOX